Tuesday, July 26, 2011

iWon!- LogMeIn Ignition for iPhone

I recently won the LogMeIn Ignition app from @MacTrast and @LogMeIn on Twitter and absolutely love it. Not only was it free, but it is something I am familiar with. I had, like many others, used the free version for many years to support my family's and friend's computers. This version ups the ante by providing Pro support and access to your computers over both Wi-Fi and 3G.  I was able to cut text I had on my Phone and paste it to my Macbook, this text as a matter of fact. File transfers are easily accomplished via the separate File Transfer screen that allows you to effortlessly find the file and double-click on it to download. The file (a photo @ 1.7 MB) appeared on my iPhone almost instantly. It also allows for operating your computer via your iPhone or iPad, which is actually pretty cool using the innovative user interface which makes great use of the iPhone's pinch and zoom features to make controlling your computer no different than playing Angry Birds.  I am really enjoying the app and look forward to updating this post as I learn more. Finally, you can connect an unlimited number of computers, so you can provide all of your family's IT support from the comfort of your iPhone or iPad, wherever you have Wi-Fi or 3G access. 

I would like to thank @MacTrast for sharing this with me, and LogMeIn Ignition for providing the app.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Billy,
    Good to hear that you're enjoying the use of LogMeIn Ignition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete